• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a question about my cpu and its overclocking Capabilities

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
U ca nsee in the sig what my cpu is and the Code on it. My question is.

How come in order for me to reach 2400mhz, I need to pump the thing with 1.95-2.00v I just played Ut2004, @ 2400mhz using 1.90v and the temps got ot 42c load (played for about 5 hours) Then the game got some error which means the cpu failed.

Anyway, How far do you think i could go on the voltage before it because dangeruos? Its night time right now during the day the cpu will prob get about 46c Load.

Would say 1.95v @ 46c load be to much. Or should i just buy a new 2500+ all together. I hear Mobile is the way to go now.

But dont mobile cpu's have some things turned off whe ninstalled ina desktop mother board. Or are both cpu's the same kind just the mobile has a lower voltage and thier unlocked??

I will making i dunno hopefully $50 or so bucks today i dont think thats quite enough to buy a new cpu, but i could try traiding my current one in and get store credit or something.

Also again why does this proc need some much voltage to work at these speeds. It isnt hot. My psu railes are fine, i guess it just hit its limitations.

That 2.6 gig in the sig, is only possible with Ice cubes ina 5 gallon bucket using 2.11v Its stable but only as long as the ice keeps flowing.

I mean iv pumped 2.3v through this cpu i guess i have one of those proc's that eat voltage.

When I had my barton 2500+ in an Abit NF7-S it ran 217*11,5 all day long with vcore of 2,05V - and a temperature at 51º.. my max was/is 2580 mhz...

Yours run slightly higher @ max but not 24/7, there is 2 possibilities:

1: simply just reached the max of your cpu

2: somthin about your ram... speed, timings or volts...

Anyway, How far do you think i could go on the voltage before it because dangeruos? Its night time right now during the day the cpu will prob get about 46c Load.
Voltage alone is not dangerous, better your temps are getting up there, I wouldnt push too much over 2.0 without a new setup.

Would say 1.95v @ 46c load be to much. Or should i just buy a new 2500+ all together. I hear Mobile is the way to go now.
The mobile might and should go over, but it also might hit the same wall you have. The general consensus is that mobiles are the better of the two (desktop vs mobile)

But dont mobile cpu's have some things turned off whe ninstalled ina desktop mother board. Or are both cpu's the same kind just the mobile has a lower voltage and thier unlocked?? Nothing important has been found being turned off or not accessible between the 2. And yes, for the most part

Also again why does this proc need some much voltage to work at these speeds. It isnt hot. My psu railes are fine, i guess it just hit its limitations. If you've narrowed your choices for the limitations for the OC, and it is your cpu only, then its most likely the limitations. My unlocked 2500 needed 1.85 to be prime stable at 2300 (200 X11.5), but it also depends on what motherboard you are using. Where are you getting your voltage information from? What mobo are you using

Back