• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333 not OCing 1800XP at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Frog

Hi. I have a A7V333 and a 1800 Palomino. When I try to OC it gives me the msg "System failed due to CPU overclocking". Then I just set the speed to 133 11.5x (what it should be) and it gave me that same msg. I have tried in the BIOS and on the dip switchs and still it wont let me manually set my speed. There are 3 settings in the BIOS: Manual, 1150MHz, 1533MHz, 1909MHz. I can only use 1150 and 1533, how do I manually set my CPU speed in my BIOS, plz help!!! I'm using the latest BIOS from the ASUS site. 1.7 or something.

You need to select the "Manual" option so you can change the FSB. Just make sure you are set to "jumper free" on the mobo.

My A7V333's performance went down the drain after I got my NF7. I installed it in a super alien case w/ a 450w psu and a XP2500 Barton and pc3000 mushkin RAM and it wouldn't oc past 2100mhz. I was able to get it to 2640mhz when I still had it as my main mobo last year. It also keeps booting up to the bios screen saying I had the wrong settings each time I turn the pc on. I tried to work with it for over 2weeks and finally had enough today and replaced it w/ another NF7 and all the problems went away.

The reason it was stopping you there was that it was going too far. When i had that EXACT same combo (1800+ and A7v333) I once tried the 1900 mhz (back in my newb days). It did the same thing. ITs is casue it needed more voltage. And to give it more toltage you'd need more cooling.

Do what he said and set it to manual. The 1800 , from my expereince with stock cooling adn stock voltage only went about 1700 befoer it started to complain. I did run it at 1600 for a long time nad got a nice performance boost though.

Back