• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap/quality board??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

collins8

Registered
I just built the system listed in my signature, and It worked out great with this forums help!!
Now I would like to take some of the old components I had and throw them in a cheap system to have an extra computer.
What would be a good Motherboard and cpu combo to go with??
I would like to have built in sound, and I would like to get her clocked to around 2.0Ghz and be stable.
What would you guys go with?? I plan on going with cheap RAM also.

Rob

The options listed by The Coolest are quite good, I would also add these options to consider.

1. Not all refurbs from NewEgg come with cables, drivers, manuals or add-ons, so be prepared to buy\aquire those if needed.

2. Newegg MoBo refurbs only offer 2 week warranty

3. Shuttle AN35N Ultra is $65.00 (only $5.00 more than the NF7 refurb) for new full retail package with 1 year warranty.

4. I would consider a retail Barton 2500+ ($80) which will easily run 2.0Ghz & comes with an adequate HSF (which if you don't have already will cost you more for the OEM CPU) and has a 3 year warranty vs. the 30 day warranty on OEM CPUs.

5. The Buffalo\Winbond CH-5 are great, also check out www.tblmemory.com as I think they sell them a bit cheaper.

6. Another option for the Abit NF7 MoBo is www.excaliberpc.com who are owned by Abit USA and sell Abit refurbs with full retail packaging and a 1 year warranty direct from Abit and very good prices.

Just my $0.02

Regards, Balrog

I appreciate the help. I think I will go with the Shuttle AN35N Ultra. It looks like the best board for the money. Does anyone else have any suggestions??

Rob

The shuttle AN35N Ultra board does not support SATA.
Any suggestions on a board that supports SATA??

Rob

Back