• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You don't need that much voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Takovr

I also just got a barton 2500m chip and im running at 12.5x200 2.49 gigs and my voltage is 1.75 on air with a tornado fan. These chips are great I can go alot higher but im scared to..

Gene

what are you scared of?

*EDIT:* Not all CPUs are created equal. I guess you lucked out and got a really great chip as you can hit such a high speed at such a low voltage. Not all chips can handle these speeds at these voltages.

Last edited:
going to high

Going to high, this chip just keeps going higher and higher.

whats to be afraid of? usually people dont hurt AMD chips much by going over max ratings on speed... only on volts, and thats usually not bad if you only do it once or twice.

as long as your temps are ok and you arent going over 2 volts you shouldnt be worried. just dont push it too far past 2v since you are on air. even so... 1.85 should be another good jump in speed for ya. in only get scared when i smell that smell...

then its wayyyy too late for fear... its time for paying out the butt.

I wouldn't worry about it, but there is always a risk i oc'ing...

I've had 5 amd cpus (duron 1200, palomino 1600+, 1700+ xp, 2600+ xp and now 2500+ barton), all pushed to their max, with volts over 2V - they are all alive today :D

As long as you proceed with caution, I belive the risk is close to nothing ;)

Now oc that little thing :cool:

thank's I will

My temps seem to be good, around 35 c at 1.750 volts, 12.5x200 im going to try 13x200 and see what happins. The max voltage for my motherboard is 1.825.

Gene

Back