• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!! Please with onboard network!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leaddraft

First off system specs.
2500 barton unlocked going at 3200
Windows XP Pro
PC 3200 256 X 2 running dual channel
ATI 9800 128 meg Pro
***ASUS A7N8X deluxe v. 2.0*******
OK guys haven't asked too many questions as I'm a smart cookie... But this has got me stumped!!!!!!
Trying Despratly <sp> to get the onboard networking going on this board... One port is the 3com the other "bottom" is the Nivida port.... I've got the 3com working ok... ie a internet connect, but the other port comes up saying it's dissconnected??? Meaning I can't network my wifes comp to mine, or use the Nivida port as a internet connect either.... Ran the network wizard with Windows it "sees" the Nivida ethernet port but still says it's unplugged.... DUH????? Yet in properties it says ok , enabled etc........ I've got the drivers on the CD that the MOBO came with......... REV 44.04
Can anyone please,Please help???????????
Sincerly David and Angie.....
OBTW other wize, this is one H*** of a sweet board, except for this problem......... Thanks all....

I feel for you...I have the exact same board, with the exact same problem !!!

Sooo???

Did ya ever get yours working????? I've been setting here in front of this freaking puter ALL day trying to figure this out.....
:rolleyes:

Well Kwikgta,,, I'm still trying different things, newer drivers, disableing 3 com, the ieee connect. And I'm going to snoop around some more today,,, it's starting to look like a RMA too newegg. It's looking more and more like a dead port....
If I find out something I'll pass along the info.....

Check the bios.

Mine works fine! I am using both connectors, I am really pleased with my board. :)

Quattro said:
Check the bios.

Mine works fine! I am using both connectors, I am really pleased with my board. :)

My Nvidia connection is not working, 3Com is okay. How do you bridge both connectors for two computer internet access?

Or how do you get Nvidia working?

I have windows XP Pro. When I connect the internet, Nvidia connection is enable in my network folder, but I have no connection when browsing. I did at one time had Nvidia working and 3Com, but I used the original installation disk I received with MB. Since then , I don't bother to install the Nvidia all in one package on disk because there is a newer version available at Nvidia website. However, installing the newer version does not make my Nvidia internet to work. Any thoughts?

The nVidia UDP3.13 would be your best bet.

To properly install the Unified Driver Package 3.13, I would highly highly (highly) recommend a fresh format and reinstall. It has included the latest ethernet driver (3.63), as well as an improved soundstorm driver, and the best part, a true ATA/IDE driver (rather than an renamed generic MS driver).

Here's a link:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_3.13

I would really avoid anything provided by Asus, esp. from their CD.

Just a note, some major problems have been reported with driver installation - I can't stress enough about removing any old drivers, or doing it the best way, fresh reformat.

Back