• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best way to check the voltage to the memory after a Vmod??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

extremecorvette

Disabled
After doing the NB and memory voltage mods what is the best way to check the voltages? Are there any programs that will monitor them, same with the video cards and temps? Thanks

I have the NF7-S 2.0. I did all the voltage mods perfectly, and they all worked. Two days after that I found a webpage that told me where to check the voltages. I was on the last voltage check point when the MB shut it's self off and won’t boot up any more. :mad: So I bought my self another board and it should be here on the 14th. It takes me about 10 minutes to do all the mods. So I'm going to have to try again. I also sent the old board in to Abit to see if they would warranty it. Is there any link to where you check the voltage for the memory and NB? I want to see if there is any better places to check them at. Maybe that webpage was wrong?

i remember reading something about posted vdimm check points shorting out the board and causing deaths. that was a while ago, i recommend you start searching the forums

crimedog said:
i remember reading something about posted vdimm check points shorting out the board and causing deaths. that was a while ago, i recommend you start searching the forums

Ya I think its actually the vdd.. there is two spots and one is a no no for some.. Flapper is right check with Hellfire.. he prolly does a billion vmods in a month..hehe

Use a good meter, like one of the better Fluke models. Most of the cheaper meters only descriminate to the half volt, so you will be seeing a lot of large fluctuations that may not be there.

Back