• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Dual Channel Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onizuka

I was reading around on net and I got a quick question I need confirmed. Ok right now I got 2x256mb HyperX 3200 in Dimms 1 and 3. My question is if I buy another 2x256 and put in Dimms 2 and 4, will it all be dual channel? I also know that 4 sticks isnt good for overclocking, but I dont overclock so I dont need to worry about that ^_^.

Thanks

Onizuka said:
I was reading around on net and I got a quick question I need confirmed. Ok right now I got 2x256mb HyperX 3200 in Dimms 1 and 3. My question is if I buy another 2x256 and put in Dimms 2 and 4, will it all be dual channel? I also know that 4 sticks isnt good for overclocking, but I dont overclock so I dont need to worry about that ^_^.

Thanks

Yes you will still be set up for duel channel. You could also OC all four sticks but there would not be signifcant enough enhancement to notice.

I tried 4 matched 256 MB sticks of PC3500 in my IC7 and it worked fine. I had no trouble overclocking it to within a hair of what 2 sticks will do. But... as with any system with more than 1 stick of RAM, the memory bus will only run as fast as the slowest dimm module.

Back