• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile Barton Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bafbrian

I need some serious help here. Check it out, I just finished up work on my upgrades for the rig in my sig. I get the system going after a voltage tweak on the PSU.

When I booted up the system, I was excited. But, soon after when I started to raise the FSB, it just would have it. I lowered the Multi and that helped a little, but I didn't want to go that low( 8-9) I don't what the problem could be. The RAM is BH-5 so I know it will run high FSB's and the processor is a AQYFA 0343 chip that is known to be a decent OCer. I just can't figure it out.

I need some help here and any help proved is greatly appreciated.

THX,

bafbrian

you cant have your cake and eat it, depending on how high a fsb you aretrying to achieve, an 8-9 multi is prolly what you'll have to settle for. you can prolly hit 210x12, thats a good idea.

what voltage are you running ? mine wouldnt do crap until i put it at 1.75 i was stuck at 1.2 ghz

The voltage I am using now is 1.65V just for now. But, when I OCing earlier, I put the voltage up to 2V and still luck.

Maybe I got a bad chip. Hopefully it is something else though.

the problem that your having is that you are stuck at a low multi.if im understanding and the volts dont matter so what is your fsb set at?
mine wouldnt do 210x12 at any voltage .try 11.5x200 to start.
my proc was very flexable at 11.5 multi but only 11 and 11.5 it got real picky at any other multi.

Update:

dumbfish - You got it. I tried that and it is working right now. But, I do have to say on thing. After my second post here, I decided to update the BIOS from my old D10 to D23 SZ. I think helped it too.

Got any more recommendations ?

Umm, find out how fast it goes.

But realy, you may want to loosen your ram timings if you are going to be running above 200fsb, and add some voltage to that ddr!

I got the Vddr voltage at 2.9 ( 3.1 from MBProbe ). I got the settings at 2-2-2-11 only because BH-5 can run it. But, if loosening the timings will help, I'll do it. THX Yuriman.

Already got it implemented.

You know what though, it appears that all my problems are the cause of the BIOS. Not to say anything is wrong with TicTac's D10 BIOS, it look like it doesn't play well with my system.

dumbfish - You got it. I tried that and it is working right now. But, I do have to say on thing. After my second post here, I decided to update the BIOS from my old D10 to D23 SZ. I think helped it too .Got any more recommendations ?.
nope because im new .i dont know much.i was just suggesting what my experience was with the same chip as my board is a true piece o crap and i have no real cooling here.

Alright, I don't know what happened between last night and this morning but, whatever happened I like. Now the system it letting me do speeds I want.

Back