• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you are using WINXP Pro and an A7N8X-X, can you please tell me what your IRQ's loo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fiz

If you are using WINXP Pro and an A7N8X-X, can you please tell me what your IRQ's loo

Ok, I am running the mobo in the title as well as the OS in the title. I recently ran into an issue with my sound, it disappeared. Upon looking around and trying to troubleshoot the problem I noticed that I have some very interesting IRQ's. What do I mean you ask? I'll tell you. :)

Video Card: IRQ 19
NIC: IRQ 19
Soundcard: IRQ 22
USB Controller: IRQ 20

Now, does this strike anyone else as being strange??? BIOS reports the correct IRQ's while POSTing but windows is seeing these crazy IRQ's. I have reinstalled windows to try and fix it but it is still there. Does anyone have any ideas other that trying a format to fix this. TIA

Fiz

Okay, this is gonna need some confirmation from more knowledgeable folks, but here goes:

Windows XP uses a new hardware configuration protocol and no longer receives hardware settings from BIOS, (a la plug and play), meaning IRQs and hardware detection is done within windows. The jumbled IRQ settings are simply due to the dynamic configuring of XP for hardware assignment.

So unless you are having problems with any of your hardware or peripherals, i'd say don't worry about it. IRQ conflicts are pretty much a thing of the 98/ME past and not really a concern on XP.

Hope this helps.

Cool thanks, the reason I was worried about it is that my sounds has disappeared, according to Windows the sound works fine and I have also tested my speakers as well.

Fiz

Oooo IC... Okay, some system specs would help out a lot...
Intel? Amd? Onboard? SB? SC? And also, are you running SP1? Which mobo driver versions do you have installed?

Back