• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damn Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lusankya

CRAP!!!!

I just tried to put another 512 ram into my systen but it gave me a funky beep code.. now neither of my ram chips do anything but give me a beep code that I can't count correctly.

ARGH!!! Now my desktop wont work

Are you dure you put it in corectly, sometimes it does that if the ram is not propely inserted.

Put the computer un the table and press FIRMLY

my 0.02 $

Well they are both 2c2700 and everything about them is the same except 1 is samsung the other is simpletech. They only fit into the ram slot 1 way so thats not it. And now neither of them is working. I am getting what appears to be a 1.4.3 beep code or something but I can't tell the beeps are all too close togehter..

Is the comp trying to run them in dual channel or somethin? and does the samsung work by itself or does the new simpletech oen work by itself, you might have a dead stick on your hands. I'm of course assuming that you had the computer power cord unplugged but of course I can't assume too much, after I read about the one kid scraping his die off...

*sigh of relief*

When all else fails.. pull the whole thing apart and put it together again.. Dunno what it was but I now have both ram chips in and working and all is well once again.

Phew, I'm glad everything is good again. Same thing happened to me when I put in my new HSF, fan controller, and case fans. I just pulled everything out and put it back in (RAM and CPU) and everything worked fine after taht. Another mystery to solve, just like why hitting your computer often unfreezes or makes things work...:attn:

Back