• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help....(Badly)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
Im looking at volt modding my NF7 for my BH5.

I need some *honest* opinions about the difficulty involved. I have never used a soldering iron, and I DO NOT want to kill this mobo.

This is a golden NF7...she clocks extremely well, but I feel pressed to push my BH to its limits.

I have heard that alot of pplz kill their NF7s from doing this mod.

Here is what Im looking at doing:

#1 Voltmodding it
#2 Selling it, and buying a DFI

Any opinions are appreciated. I *REALLY* need to know what kinda odds there are involved / personal experiences with this mod. Thnx as always!

-Sen
:(

I haven't tried this myself, my ram is crap and the available voltages on the NF7 are more than enough.

Having never solderd befor doesn't help you much here. I take it that you also have little knowledge of the theory behind circuits and such if you have never solderd. That isn't a nessesity for these mods, but it helps.

Your chanses of succes depend a lot on how good you are with intricate operations. Getting the right tools, and practacing your soldering for a while will help you a lot.

I really have no idea, but if you have good dexterity and are carefull, I would give you about an 80% chance of success.

This number has about an 80% margin of error though... so good luck!!

Back