• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron KX18D Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElCuCuy

anyone use this mobo? happy with it's oc'ability? thinking of buying one...thanks in advance.

I just got it. Testing for OC capabilities. Got the FSB up to 240 stable and 250 partially unstable.

Cranking the CPU now.

Love it. Get it with a Mobile AMD 2400+, 2500+ or 2600+ (Barton cores)

Get good memory too. Your FSB is only as good as your memory on this board.

A+++, better than DFI, Abit, Epox, Asus. Best board I have ever had. Only drawback is not holes for "water" or heavy HSF, but that is ok because I use air only.

If this processor is as good as I have heard, I am expecting to see this CPU at 3200 speeds.

this KT6 board is multi locked, even with the wire trick for lower multis, so i'm having trouble getting it up there fsb wise....no worries, tho. i've seen other KT600 users at 220+ (but with unlocked multis)....i think i'll check out the albatron board. thanks.

mcoleg said:
what's the maximum cpu and memory voltages on this KX18D Pro?

Mine has not yet arrived from NewEgg, but here is a quote from GruntvillE's review of the KX18D II Pro, which is the same design with a few added goodies:

" Albatron has really out done themselves on the individual voltage options. First is the CPU voltage which offers voltages up to 2.65! If you plan on using this kind of power I certainly hope you’re running a peltier, phase change or liquid nitrogen as a cooler! Next up is the AGP which allows you to run it up to 1.8 volts. The KX18D Pro II allows you to take the DDR up to 3.0 volts and on the chipset; they allow up to 1.9. That’s a lot of options to keep your board screaming for an ice bath."

Full Review

tnanks Cork. 3v on memory... i don't know. nf7 has 2.9 but it overdraws so it's really a 3.02-3.04. i wonder is KX18D overvolts as well?

I've not seen any indication in the reviews that it overvolts. You might ask in the Albatron forum on Extreme Overclocking's site; there are a number of KX18D users there.

Back