• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600 mobile locked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackson vile

Registered
I recieved a 2600 mobile from newegg 5 days ago stepping AQYFA 0343 WPMW. I had my computer guy test the chip and he said that the multi was locked. I could not get the chip to work in my board no matter what I did. I have a DFI 2 inf. and 512mb corsair XMS 3200ll Plat. I am not sure how it could be locked or why I could not get it to work in the board when he did. I have a 2500 mobile on the way and I am RMAing the 2600. Currently I have a 2500 barton that I am using 11@200 locked and it could go much further as this ram is as good as it gets.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!
...and the sickness:eek:

That is total BS... The chip is UNLOCKED...I dunno who ur dealing with but they are full of ****.

That chip tests fine in ur mobo. Ive seen countless pplz use it....

...tho its possible that its defective.

IMHO I'd put it in urself next time..they seem kinda shady

They are full of ****. They probly gave u the ole switcheroo.

Next time write down the stepping and see if they try that BS again.

Do you have the chip with you now? What does the stepping say?

Once again...I stress It may be defective. However to be on the safe side, I'd install it urself next time.

Also be sure to get the best OCing BIOS for ur mobo. (if possible)

--> Do you live in Jville? What part?

Ive got the same setup

NFI ultra infinity + mobile 2600+

The motherboard didn't recongnize the chip It set the fsb at 100 and lowest multiplyer. It ended up being a 800.

All I had to do was go into bios and manually tell the computer what the chip was.

Set fsb @ 200
Set Mult @ 12

Runs good now.

Im not sure what the original settings are for this chip, but Im sure you can find them somewhere. I know the FSB is 266 @ 133

I am positive that if you get another mobile chip this will happen again. Just do it yourself.

I guess all you need to know to run your own computer shop is more than your customers.

It is the same exact chip.
I did try to install it my self but my computer would not load bios when I have that chip in.

Robjen did you prep your bios before you put the chip in, I see no reason as to why bios would not load up.

Everything turns on I can hear my HD go but no picture on the screan what so ever/no load.

Also I am not from Jackson Ville anywhere, I am just plain old vile.

you might try locking the bios at 100, I believe there is a jumper to do this. (I remember reading this in the manual.

Its been a while, but if I remember right, It took me a few tries to get it to boot. I think I threw in a athlon 850 just to check the mb. But I can't remember if I had to do this on this system or one of my others.

Also try resetting the bios (im sure you already tried this.)

One problem I have had in the past with other processors was getting sloppy with artic silver.

I have a 2800+ in my other system that I messed up with as3 and I had to clean it to get it to work.

i have that same setup it runs great, there is a jumper under the cpu and to the left of the northbridge make sure the jumper is on.

you don't.
Try clearing the CMOS (disconnect the PC from power before doing it) and then try booting again. That processor should work with your motherboard without a problem.

If you get no beeps at boot, then you need to clear your CMOS as The Coolest suggested. That should get your pc booting up properly.

I had problems too, no beeps, no sounds, just dying. It turned out to be the way my waterblock was seated. After 30 min of reseating, it ran fine. thats with the same mobo, and a mobile 2400

I just put the 2600 in and reset bios and it works great. I am going to start another post about the results. I can not belive that guy lied to me, he said that the multi was locked and that it performed bad. Thank you for your help, but my PC now says that it is an unknow CPU, how do I tell my PC what the chip is?

thank you

a lot of mobile say that, the L12 bridge might help ... but not too sure on that. I dont think it makes a difference though

it doesn't matter. it doesn't recognize your CPU because its a mobile. There is no way of "telling it what chip it is", but the CPU Namestring will not hinder performance or any CPU functions.

the only thing that might have been lost was some optimizations windows

if you follow this thread you will see that so far, nothing has been lost between the two.

Back