• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT600 OC'ers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElCuCuy

just wanna see how many swim against the current and oc on these boards....i've seen a few that have done okay...maybe not by nF2 standards but still pretty good...btw, anhone use the KT6 Delta and do a successful wire mod for the lower multis? cause i couldn't get it to work....thanks in advance.

I just built my dad's system. The only reason why I chose the Abit KV7 is because it was cheap (newegg refurbished). Equiped with a slk900a and a slow 92mm fan, I have a locked barton 2500+ @ 3200+ with all voltages default (vcore and vdimm). System temp of 47C with room being 22C.

My impressions: damn the bios has a lot of options for the memory. I kinda like my NF7-S better, it's a lot simpler :) It was an easy overclock but I'd much rather have my NF7-S.

i had a kt6 delta, gave it to my bro in law with a 2100+, i was under the impression that you do not need the wire mod for lower multis on the kt600 boards. however, before reading that, wherever it was, i did the wire mod on my 2100+ to run it at 11x200

The KT600 is not as friendly with FSB overclocks. My Corsair XMS3200c2 ram maxed out at 212.8Mhz with a TbredA. With my new Mobile 2600+, I can still run at 212.8, but it is not stable in P95 once I get past about 2.0Ghz. I've settled down to 208.8 for 24hr P95 stability. It seems the NB has to work harder at the higher cpu speeds and this causes the instability. You see, the TbredA was only running 1.9Ghz. Oh, and to get any FSB overclocking at all, I needed to overclock the NB from 2.5ish (can't remember default) to 2.75V. Yes, I tried upping further with the Mobile and it reaches a point of diminishing returns: beyond 2.75V the board becomes *less* stable.

That said, the board is rock solid at the speed it's at. I've heard the wire mod does not work on the KT600, so I have not tried it. Frankly, I'm quite happy at 2506Mhz. It's also got excellent onboard LAN and audio. USB2.0 and SATA performance is higher than nForce2 according to a couple of websites (see Techreport). It's a good, well-rounded board that most extreme overclockers wouldn't be satisfied with. ;)

See my sig for the specifics.

That said, the board is rock solid at the speed it's at
I loved my old Gigabyte KT600. It didnt OC far but....phewwww was it stable. That thing is/was the best mobo Ive ever seen. In many cases better than the NF7.

I had my Kt600 @ 212 perfectally stable...also

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!
...and the sickness:eek:

Back