• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ Tbred 333FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GheP

Hi, I'm pretty new to OC'ing for processors. So, here goes..

I have a 2600+ Tbred 333FSB. The problem is, my motherboard's (Asus A7N8X Deluxe) bios will only let me set the FSB to 200. Is my processor only destined to go up to 200FSB, or can it go higher without damage?

stock your 2600 is 12.5 x 166 = 2080Mhz setting it to 200 i trying to boot it at 2500Mhz which is a big jump

what you want to do is take smaller steps. and watch your temps dont let them get to far over 50'C

Is it safe to set my FSB to 200 mhz and a multiplier of about 11.5?

At the stock speeds, my temp is usually upper 30's and lower 40's

Alright, thanks a lot :)

Another question: Is there a way to get the FSB anywhere between 166 and 200? So that I don't have to make such a big jump?

hmm , my board i can set it to Auto which is 100, 133, 166, and 200, Turbo up it one point at a time , and manual , which is also one point at a time

also with my bios i cn hit Ctrl+F1 and it goes in to advance bios

im not sure what all you have , if you have the manual it might say in there or you can look on Asus website

goodluck with it , ill look back later

Would it be ok to set my multiplier to 13 and above at 166FSB??

(sorry to ask so many questions)

ya you could do that , i belive you need to do a wire mod to get to the multis of 13 and above. you can try it and see what it does, i know mine wont work. i got to do the wire mod, but to lazt to do so try a search for it. ive never done a wire mod

and No preoblem about the Question's ask away thats what where here for

Right now I have it @ 2300 (200FSB*11.5multiplier) running @ 42 degrees idle.

So far, I've had no problems.

u can set the fsb higher than 200 just choose user difine(system performance) then u will see that u can set the fsb up to 300

good luck

Back