• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible 2,5 ghz barrier on Lanparty ultra rev b board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Try-this

Registered
Hi

I have 2 cpus to play with, barton 2500+ and xp 2600+ - steppings: good on the barton, and I think the 2600+ is ok too...

They will both do 2500 mhz (+a tiny little bit more) @ 2V.

Now my question is: is there a barrier or does the cpus just happend to max out at that speed? - I'm using @stock bios, perform the same as those modded ones...

Last edited:
I would say the CPUs just max out at that speed. I can't think of any reason why a board would have a limit like that. I mean, a different board *might* overclock better (every board is different) but I doubt that your board just hits a wall at 2.5ghz. I would check the CPUs first.

2.5GHz ain't bad. :)

johan851 said:
I would say the CPUs just max out at that speed. I can't think of any reason why a board would have a limit like that. I mean, a different board *might* overclock better (every board is different) but I doubt that your board just hits a wall at 2.5ghz. I would check the CPUs first.

2.5GHz ain't bad. :)

Ok thanks, that is what i think to - just wanted to hear if anyone experienced the same ;)

Anyways, when I get a mobile 2500+ it will hopefully do more then 2,5 ghz (+ a lot more :p)

Back