• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu interface question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

00MJR

I have my 2500+ o/ced. I'm on 56k and when i have it o/ced cs just randomly shuts-down with an loss packet error and i get disconnected. I runs fine with my default settings in bios but not with my o/ced settings. So one told me to try turning cpu interface off. Would this make any difference. I was just wondering also what is making my 56k disconnect when i have my comp. o/ced. I was thinking that if the sb ran my modem that it might be getting to hot from my upping the mobo volts, or just o/cing in general. I'm just hoping that theres a way of fixing it so I don't have to look at my fancy hs's and not have my comp o/ced.

Thnx
Matthew

It's not just cs now. I was just refreshing this website to see if ne 1 posted and i was talking on irc and i got disconnected.

Its definantly not just cs. Is there a way of getting rid of the random disconnecting.

I was going to say the modem is running too fast but I noticed you have an NF7-S which has a locked PCI frequency.

Maybe your overclock is simply unstable, have you tried running Prime95 or Memtest86.

Check the stability of your overclock, like andyman said. If that's Prime95/Memtest stable, then try enabling or disabling the Enhance PCI Performance option.

Disabling CPU interface would only have an impact if your overclock wasn't stable to begin with. I recommend leaving it on.

CPU interface gives the memory and CPU a slight boost...like OCing without changing the FSB/multi...

So disabling CPU interface could possible help...but I personally doubt it...CPU interface is good to run at low to mid range OC...it can hamper a OC which is why a lot of people disable it so they can achieve high FSB on the overclock...

Like Andyman902042 stated...the NF7 has a PCI lock...so this should not effect the modem during OC...the PCI Mhz being to high...which would cause a issue like you stated...

What modem are you running?

prime and mem went fine... 23 hours on prime also. I'll check out the pci performance option. I have a Intel(R) 536EP V.92 Modem.
The cpu interface didnt help

Honestly didnt think it would...you do have the lastest drivers for the modem correct?

Oh yea...you might have to change the PCI Latency timer...try 64 or 128 to see if that helps..

I looked into other options the cpu interface didnt help so now im trying with the pci enabled ill get back with ya to tell ya if it works out

I havnt gotton new drivers in a long time ill try that...this guy said external modem would be better? also illl try out the latency timings i saw that and was just going to ask about that

External modem wouldn't be better...I can't think of any reason why it would be. Don't listen to him.

PCI latency determines how long a device can hold on to the PCI bus before it lets another device use it. That might help, but WindowsXP tends to override any PCI latency settings in the BIOS and just replace them with the stock 32. Powerstrip is the only program I know of that allows you to change device latency within Windows.

Back