• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BooHoo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prankstar008

I just got my new 2500xp mobile..
The highest settings i can get for it are
Multiplier = 12.5
FSB = 180
Voltage = 1.6
Load temp 46 while priming

It probably likes more vcore. Set the vcore to 1.75(or more) and try out 200x11. If its stable, try 200x11.5. Then 200x12. You get the picture.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa...?? You're at 1.6 on a mobile and it wont go higher? I thought some people have OCed their's to 11*200=2200 MHz with stock voltage and lower, bad chip or what. I would like to hear a response of some sort to this issue, very odd it is...

lol i just raised the multi to 13 and lowered teh FSB to 176....and vcore to 1.625.....been priming for a while w/o errors....i know you get mroe gain from the fsb...so ill lower the multi to 12 and bring the fsb up and see what happens

The mem is sync...i think it might be the problem because i just lowered the multi to 12 and raised the FSB to 190 and it failed prime before you can say corshair xmx platinum

Maybe i just got a bad CPU cause i dropped the FSB back down to 176 and raised the multi to 13.5 @1.65 vcore and windows locked up before it finished booting...ill try raising the vdimm too...thanks for the help

Don't be afraid to increase your voltage little by little. You've got a great HSF there to control your cpu temp.

yea its 43 under load right now....while i fold for team 32
i have to go to a mid afternoon LAN right now so ill update this later tonight/tomorow

ok..i upped the vdimm to 2.7 and then upped the FSB back to 190....the comp didnt even post....im keeping th FSB at 180 and ill try to raise the multi some more

try 210 x 12 at 1.85 to 1.9v vcore-

2.9v vdimm if you have good cas 2 bh-5 mem-

mem timings 7-2-2-2 if cas 2.0

cpu interface enabled

This is post number 17 of this thread and he still hasn't told us what RAM he's using. You can't go higher with average PC2700 if that's what you got. Put the RAM brand in your sig.

The Coolest said:
What memory do you have?

its corshair xms pc3200 srry...im really scared 9about to puke) cause i tried these timings
try 210 x 12 at 1.85 to 1.9v vcore-

2.9v vdimm if you have good cas 2 bh-5 mem-

mem timings 7-2-2-2 if cas 2.0

cpu interface enabled
and even after clearing the CMOS i get one long beep folowed by 9 short beeps which is a ROM error...fix it PLEASE

lol i feel so stupid....i went to clear the CMOS again and realized that i had only knocked out the power cord from my 9800pro...sorry i feel so stupid....anyways lets just start over....
Hi, my chip isnt overclocking well...i have 512MB of corshair xms platinum PC3200 (DDR400)...and the rest is in my sig...right now the highest i can get is 180FSB by 13 multi at 1.625 vcore....memtimings are 6-2-2-2.5 i believe )whatever TURBO on a NF7-S is)Thanks for puttin up with a major nub.

Last edited:
make sure you turn power off or unplug from the wall when you clear cmos. If that doesn't work you can remove the battery. Still nothing try holding down insert as you boot up. If none of these options works you might have borked the bios. Not much you can do in that case unless you get a new bios chip from abit or can borrow a friends to hot swap with.

Back