• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M-2600 - L12 mod?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

obsolete

Hi,

I'm wondering if the L12 mod on my mobile 2600 will make a difference in anything. Right now I'm at about 247 fsb & I read th at it makes a difference if you do the L12 mod on your CPU to obtain a higher FSB. My only question is, it looks as though it defaults to a multiplier of 13x & higher?!?! I need my 10, 10.5, 11, multipliers. Does it eliminate those multipliers & you only have 13 & up? Currently on my DFI Lanparty Ultra B I have all multipliers available. Guess I could just try it & see, but after reseating my CPU a bunch of times, I really don't care to right now, lol.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!!

**EDIT** NM, just read some more, looks as though it's not for your multipliers, but for your FSB. So, on to find some speaker wire I go I guess......

Last edited:
Ehh, I read that some guy did this mod on a DFI Lanparty Ultra B (same as me) & he was able to obtain a higher fsb. =/

I tried it myself this afternoon &........haha, Well let's just say it's no good......

obsolete said:
Hi,

Right now I'm at about 247 fsb & I read th at it makes a difference if you do the L12 mod on your CPU to obtain a higher FSB.
it looks as though it defaults to a multiplier of 13x & higher?!?! I need my 10, 10.5, 11, multipliers. Does it eliminate those multipliers & you only have 13 & up?

You must have one beast of a processor there if you're at 247fsb w/ a 13x multi. That's over 3.2ghz.

I can't get past 225 w/ my mobile XP2500 and am seriously considering doing the L12 mod to see if I can at least get to 240fsb. Was able to hit 250fsb w/ my XP2500 barton that I just replaced with this mobile chip.

Well, only way to find out if it will work is ti try it.

G/L.

Re: Re: M-2600 - L12 mod?!

maxima88 said:

You must have one beast of a processor there if you're at 247fsb w/ a 13x multi. That's over 3.2ghz.

I can't get past 225 w/ my mobile XP2500 and am seriously considering doing the L12 mod to see if I can at least get to 240fsb. Was able to hit 250fsb w/ my XP2500 barton that I just replaced with this mobile chip.

Well, only way to find out if it will work is ti try it.

G/L.

LOL! NEGATIVE on the 13x multi & 247 fsb!! OMG, I'd dream of such. The L12 mod did nothin man. It actually made my system more unstable. Of course there is a slim chance that the wire loop I made was not right for whatever reason, but like I said, slim!! I am at 247 right now & hoping to get higher, but doubtful.....

Back