• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wth, my Athlon Xp 3000 wont get over 1.09 ghz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

qsda

I recently reinstalled my cpu on my a7n8x (because I exchanged my mobo for a new one), and no matter what settings i do (200x10.5, 100x10.5), im only getting around 1.09ghz? Whats the problem anybody know?

Everything was normal with my older a7n8x.

Try

Flashing your BIOS, I had that problem with my NX8-X, after flashing, it read the CPU at the correct setting

my bios got the latest version, even so i should flash? i actually tried to flash yesterday but i was getting this error:

The program file's BIOS-Lock string does not match with your system!
nvmac : lan =0000000ea67fd4c6
nvcuid : 1394=000000044b808003

Last edited:
The Asus A7N8X will ALWAYS run at 100 mhz ext. freq. if it is too hot. Do you have a good heatsink/fan and did you reapply *new* thermal goop or phase change material when you switched motherboards?

yeah i applied that silver thermal on sp97. the thing is though, it was working without any flaws, even without sp97 on the last a7n8x.

Krowa 02 said:
Edited by SSS, If you have nothing constructive to add, refrain from adding your disrespectful two cents. Flame again like that and you will be dealing with me.

Gee thanks what does it take you to build a computer?

yes of course i know about jumpers and such, asus told me to rma it cuz they couldnt help me either so i guess it's a defected one. i even flashed it and still no change.

qsda, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Dont worry about posting in the wrong section, I will see if I can get a mod to move it, and I apologize for the rudeness in this thread......dont let this one incident drive you away from OCforums or anything like that.

Did you try clearing the CMOS?

-0cer

Hi, and welcome to the forums, qsda! I'm sure that if you stick around, we can get you problems solved. :) Sounds like a jumper problem to me, but it could be a defective board. One thing: I recall having had an Asus board where there was a typo in the manual and on the board for the CPU FSB jumper settings. -- Paul

[color=00ee33]As for everybody else, be respectful. qsda has every right to expect polite help, and I won't tolerate anything other than that. -- macklin01 [/color]

qsda,

Yep................it's not the norm for our members to be as unkind and rude as I have witnessed here. If you get or see any more postings of this nature, lemme know :mad:

In the meantime, stick around.........most all of us are decent folks :)

Those that were rude, crude and basically obnoxious........I will be keeping an eye on your future posting habits:mad:

Back