• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7 (NON S) sound... how do i get 5.1 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EBH

Does anyone have a nf7 (simple) 2.0 mobo (without soundstorm) with 5.1 speakers installed? My mobo doesen't seem to output something on anything other than front l+r exit. The subwoofer/center and rear l+r don't output anything when i plug in another set of speakers (normal speakers or headphones, not subwoofer or something special). Is it because i don't plug in a real subwoofer or is it just something wrong ?
Or do i need some other drivers/utilities ?

thanks, that worked.
Now another question... how can i get winamp to output on all 6 channels? On directsound output i only get sound on front l+r.

It works great (all channels) on movies with ac3 sound codec with realtek drivers. Why didn't nvidia/abit did this in the first place (why do you have to download something to get everything you get from abit - hardware - to work?) ?

Back