• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF-7S / Mobile Barton L12 mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itshondo

I have read about the L12 mod/trick but have only seen a few posts saying it worked with their mobiles. I'm maxed ou at 223 FSB (223 X 12) and am wondering how much this has helped my fellow mobile owners.

hahaha, it's funny because I maxed out at 12x223 also! Hm...I wish I remembered what my stepping was because it might be the same as yours.

I've performed the VDD mod and maybe the VDimm mod soon. Afterwards I'll try the L12 mod again because before I didn't get any improvements. I think my ram is holding me back though.

Im going to pull mine and do the mod next weekend.
I hope it helps, it did wonders on my 1800+.

If one of you get to it before then be sure to post results.

Later

Wardog

jlin453 said:
hahaha, it's funny because I maxed out at 12x223 also! Hm...I wish I remembered what my stepping was because it might be the same as yours.

I've performed the VDD mod and maybe the VDimm mod soon. Afterwards I'll try the L12 mod again because before I didn't get any improvements. I think my ram is holding me back though.

What chips are you using on that ram?
and if I read correctly your sig says that your ram is @ 3.26v this can't be done w/o a Vdimm mod.. :)

Suma.

The L12 mod works great for me. I was stuck at 223FSB and I did the L12 mod last night and so far the highest I've gotten to is 245FSB. Will try for more this pm.

Suma said:

What chips are you using on that ram?
and if I read correctly your sig says that your ram is @ 3.26v this can't be done w/o a Vdimm mod.. :)

Suma.

My post you quoted was old; before I performed by mods. Come on, you should know I performed the mods already based on the other recent threads (buffalo one, results of volt mods) ;) ;) ;)

Last edited:
jlin453, *off topic* (sry)
Did the VDD booster help?
nice one on the Buffalo, I'm running my TwinMOS CH-5 230 2-2-3-5 :)

Suma.

Back