• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pin mod with mobile barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
theguywiththeha, if you'll be using the motherboard in your sig, then you will be able to do it with software as well.
Only make sure you're getting a mobile CPU. check out GCPUID (my sig, red link). Note: The vcore on the fly change, only works on actual laptops, so changing it will most likely do nothing, and you will need wire trick for voltage.

OMG the coolest at home i have that program gcpuid i was wondering can i change my multi with my motherboard on the fly?

NF2 chipset doesn't support powernow :( so it will not work.
You can give it a shot. all that could happen is the PC will hard lock and will need a reboot

I used this link above for the pin mod its nice a simple, but beware that little wire is a pain to get onto the pins 'good luck'
i know thats how i did my volt mod the same link

theguywiththeha, if you'll be using the motherboard in your sig, then you will be able to do it with software as well.

my plan is to do it software then when i find out what works best then ill pin mod it so i dont have to kepp setting it everytime i boot windows

and it will be a 2400+ barton mobile the 78buck one at newegg:D

p.s so i dont have to do any mods to the mobile will it say unknown cpu with my motherboard?

Last edited:
Back