• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

edwardaune

I have two sticks of 256MB DDR-Kingston PC3200 that I purchased at the same time, what do think the chances are that they are matched up for dual channel purposes? And, is there anyway to check somewhere on the ram itself to see of they are from the same batch?

Just stick them in the correct slots and they will work as dual channel. The matched pairs are hand picked to perform better. Considering you already have them just put them in and go for it. It will perform better than if you dont put them in dc mode.

Just learned that myself this weekend.. have 2 sticks, one 512mb 2100, one 512 mb 2700. Put them in the dual channel slots and MB kicked into dual mode, faster boot times and better memory benchmarks..

how can that be, I know you have to at least have the same speed memory. I know you cant mix and match. I apologize if I misunderstood you.

but in order for it to run in dual channel mode the memory has to be the same i.e. same amount 512MB same speed pc2700. I know some memory is backwards compatible, but not in dual channel mode?

Back