• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Usage question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chucky Da Pwner

Ever since i overclocked my cpu my cpu usage has gone through the roof. Just by browsing the internet, my usage goes up to 7-30 % and when i downclock my cpu to stock, this doesn't happen at all. Running any other small application such as music or a movie runs the usage up to 30-50%. Is there anything i could do to change this?

No its not a virus or spyware because ive seen what is using my cpu usage. I watch my usage go up by just browsing the internet. My temperature also goes up 2-4 degrees just by going on the internet.

Nope. I've never flashed a bios before and im kinda scared of screwing up. My temperature is now at 52c just from the disk cleanup. This is freaking me out!

updating the bios is very easy , with my gigabyte i had a bios program i download the bios update and un-zip it and open it in the program , my computer restarts and my bios is updated

i set my CPU to stock speed when i do it

i had a gigabyte board i build for my cousin , i was reading 130'F and it was driving me crazy , updated the bio's and fixed it

Well i set the cpu to stock vcore and stock frequencies. After running another disk cleanup, my temps stayed at 36c the whole time. When the cpu was OCed, my temps jumped from 41c to 52c. So maybe i need to bump down the OC probably?

I'm just gonna leave my mobile 2500 at stock. I can't update the bios from the Abit Flashmenu and i don't wanna screw up while updating the bios, so im just going to go the safe way, and stay at stock.

Chucky Da Pwner said:
What exactly do u mean by checking my cooling?

I think he means to make sure the heatsink is on 100% , make sure your case has good air flow

Chucky Da Pwner said:
I'm just gonna leave my mobile 2500 at stock. I can't update the bios from the Abit Flashmenu and i don't wanna screw up while updating the bios, so im just going to go the safe way, and stay at stock.

I f you dont feel comfortable updating the bios then dont do it. do you have a friend that could help you with it. or try a search and do some reading about it. you might feel lil more comfortable doing it

Good luck with your system

Chucky Da Pwner said:
What exactly do u mean by checking my cooling?

1) Remove heatsink.
2) Clean CPU and heatsink with rubbing alcohol...preferrably take the whole computer apart and clean the CPU and heatsink outside of the motherboard.
3) Apply Arcitc Silver 3 or 5 according to the instructions at www.arcticsilver.com
4) Seat the heatsink, put your box back together and check it out.
5) Tidy your cables, and replace any ribbons with rounds.

Back