• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing BIOS problem on Soltek MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raypundo

Downloaded the OC BIOS for the Soltek FRN2-L motherboard and when I try to run the program from dos (booted with dr dos from a floppy) it tells me that the BIOS is write protected.

Read this is for virus protection, but in the BIOS the only setting I saw was "Virus Warning" and that is disabled. Currently running D1.7L.

I could not find a jumper that seemed to provide this function hardware wise either.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.

Some BIOSes and I am sure yours has a BIOS flash protect option in the BIOS, go and disable it. You can also try clearing the BIOS but the default settings might have the flash protect enabled. ARGHHH.

Got it flashed now.

Basically follolw the directions :p

Only it doesn't seem to look for a setting for write protect, rather that all parameters of the BIOS are at default, which in turn unlocks it for you.

There was a virus checker for writing to the boot sector of the hard drive, but no real stand alone option for read/write protection.

That type of protection was a first for me lol.

Back