• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2600 Underclocked?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kryloc

Put together a new pc back in dec then noticed later that windows and my bios were reporting my cpu at 1153 mhz.
FSB 100mhz with 11.5x multiplier.
Bartons should be running over 1900mhz by default with I believe a 166fsb.

I have:
MSI kt6 delta lsr motherboard
512mb kingston pc3200
barton 2600+ stock cooling
WD 120gb sata
TDK DVD+/-RW
Toshiba DVD
Tsunami PSU:
350W max
3.3v - 28A
5v - 35A
12v - 16A
Vcore - 1.65
When I try and raise the FSB it crashes around 130.
My current cpu temp is 50C with max around 60. Seems kind of high since i'm underclocked.

Any ideas? Running winxp pro too if it matters.

Friend told me about the jumper, but the only potentional(newb) jumper is a Chassis intrusion Switch Connector(no clue what it is)

Book says: This connector is connected to a 2-pin chassis switch. If the chassis is opened, the switch will be short. They system will record this status and show a warning message on the screen. To clear the warning, you must enter the BIOS utility and clear the record.

The jumper is currently not tripped(ie no jumper on:)

Clear the CMOS didn't change anything.

New paste left in my other pants pocket will try later if no other solution can be found...

Any other ideas? Thanks so far.

Ok couple of things - first up as previously mentioned your temps are way too high for it being underclocked and it is likely that the HSF is not seated correctly. Secondly at 130FSB you may still only have the 1/3 divider in place (1/4 kicks in at 133 and 1/5 at 166) hence your peripherals might have a problem running at such high frequencies.

Back