• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

V ram on AN35N

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iBreaker

Registered
lots of questions on AN35N

Hi I have an a7n8x deluxe and I wanna buy An high o/c performance lowcost mainboard. In switzerland there are only 3 marks asus, msi ans gigabyte. But I've found a shop that sell the AN35N. I've read that the Vcore could be changed --->2.0V
But what's about the Vram (or Vdimm) ?

My computer
a7n8x deluxe
2400+ @ 14*167
120 go samsung ata 100
80 go maxtor ata 133
dvd
Cd bruner
9600XT
2*512 hynix D43 (@ 167 mhz 2.3 3 3 7 @2.7V)
and other thinngs that are not important to mention like keyboard :D, 2.1 usblaster sound system, etc)

Yeah I know that asus is a good mark but neither 1.85V Vcore nor 2.8 V Vdimm make me happy.
I am a student (not a lot of money) and neither msi's nor gigabyte have a good Vcore.

Is someone able to help me ? (what's the max vdimm on this mainboard) thanx :)

(excuse my english I'm a bit tired)

< edit >
title changed :D
< / edit >

Last edited:
balrog. thanx.

i can't do anything w/o this forum, because this mobo isn't tesed/reviewed/modded in europe.

I will buy a sound blaster 5.1 live. will i have problem in desactivating the realtek ? and how do one do that?

No problem, I have an SBL 5.1 Live in my board, works great.

Just deactivate the onboard audio in BIOS

Integrated Peripherals - Onboard PCI Device - OnChip Audio

The Realtek ALC650 can have up to 16% CPU utilization when running certain codecs like EAX, so you're much better off with the SBL.

Make sure under Multimedia settings in Windows Control Panel that you select the SBL as the preferred audio device. I'm not sure if 2K or XP has this option as I'm a die-hard 98SE user, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Regards, Balrog

thanx, other questions
1) is the slk 800a suitable 4 this motherboard ?
2) when cpu is too hot does the mobo have a overhating protection ? I've got 4 enermax case fan, a titan in the left door, and an enermax on the heat sink, I'll buy a fortron aurora (120 mm fan) and i'll make a blowhole on the top of my case. but if my 2nd psu crashes cooling a 2.4 ghz amd cpu will be hard for 2 or 3 fans and i dont wanna kill my unlocked cpu ;)

The SLK 800A should be fine

Just lap it on a piece of glass with wet\dry sandpaper and a bit of water for lube.

I usually start at 800grit and work my way up to 1500grit.

Make sure to wash the paper off once in a while with some extra water so the copper doesn't clog it.

Consider using some ducting in your case, it'll allow for cooler temps and you won't need so many fans.

Regards, Balrog

:D :thup: Balrog. I'll try.

And the same thing for the graphic card ahd the hard disks :D?

Seriously. I dont need all these fans running @ their max speed, but win XP finds smart to reboot if the system is too hot po preserve intime life of compounds of the system and while play ing a hard 3d gaame a reboot isn't THE first thing you need, right ?

I also lapped the NB heat sink a bit before reapplying with some thermal compound and adding a 40mm fan. If you replace the push pins securing it with some small bolts insulated with nylon washers inserted from the bottom you can use the bolts to mount a fan on as well.

Note: Be careful removing the pins securing the NB sink as

1. They have springs and can go flying across the room when released.

2. You have to squeeze the prongs on the end of the pins so that they will release, if you slip you could gouge the bottom of your MoBo and possibly cut a trace.

I lapped the GPU on my ti4200 as they have sunken cores and make poor contact with their sinks, just be careful as there are lots of things you can damage on your video card if you slip. I added a modded sink with a bigger fan and some heat sinks on my cards memory chips, it made a big difference in my OCs.

I like the Vantec HDD cooler (Not Hardcano), 2 x 40mm fans on an blue anodized frame, mounts easily and keeps the HDD nice and cool.

Regards, Balrog

Last edited:
Back