• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which memory do you guys use with applbred 1.6?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magnummafia

hey, i got a 1.6 applebred on the way and was just wondering wat average fsb people are getting with this chip, also any recomendations on memory for it in an an35n?
thanks

PC2100 133 to 150s FSB
PC2700 166 to 190s FSB
PC3200 200 FSB and above

Those are just average stick figures.

maybe i wasn't clear, sorry, i know the memory timings, i just wanted to get an idea of what fsb people where hitting with their applebreds, and get some idea of what mem people were using with them.
thanks for the help though

Since applebreds are based on the latest Athlon XP cores but with less cache, they can also go into 200s FSB speeds so it's not like with the earlier chips where high FSB could not be reached.

With Applebreds, you're looking at mobo and RAM as limiting factors, not the chip itself.

cool that what i was hoping, i just wanted to make sure that ddr400 wasn't overkill.

I have the an35n (2 actually). One uses kingston value ram pc3200 which gets it to 210 fsb. The other uses buffalo pc3200 with ch-5 chips. Only 201 fsb stable. I think it is due to power supply though. My applebred is a 1.4 and is on the older packaging as well as unlocked. It gets 2500 easy. (12.5x200)

hey Quailane
do you ever play games on your duron? was just wondering how it performed?

thanks again for the help

Back