• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max. Vcore on AMD mobos??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metalwave

Registered
Which mobos would give you the highest Vcore without Voltmods? I don't mind fixing up a Voltmod, but if I can avoid it, I'd like to. It seems to me that most peak around 1.85V or so. I have an ASUS A7V8X-X now and it claims it can go as high as 2.05Vcore, but as I and others have experienced - that isn't so. It max's at 1.85V.

So if anyone can throw me some max voltages from their mobos (unmodded), that'd be great. I'm looking particularly at Nforce2 chipsets - Abit, DFI, ASUS...

Sorry, I dont know much about Asus, I was in this section due to another thread, but my Abit KD7 goes to 2.1 or 2.2. You do not want a KD7 though, crappy chipset, reliable, but not for OCing ram (kt400) I beleive the nforce 2 based NF7-S has high voltage options as well though. But you may want Asus. Sorry if I could not be of any help.

Abit nf7 and nf7-s has 2.3v, DFIultra infinity the same things
asus 1.85v (without any voltage mode)

Back