• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unlocked xp1600 now at 16.5x100???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lemmyslender

I have an unlocked (via the 5 L1's) XP1600. I was using it in a mATX mobo that didn't support much o/c'ing. It wouldn't recognize the chip right away.

For a while I used a wire mod to set the multi for the mobo. Recently, I changed to defogger stuff and removed the wires. I also set the voltage that way (on the back of the chip). I wanted to change multi's to do a mobile mod, and somehow it got set to a 6.5x instead of the 10.5x I wanted. No big problem.

I just moved it to another mobo, and used some solvent to wipe the defogger stuff off of the chip. Hard to do inbetween the pins, but there doesn't appear to be any connections.

The first time I put it in, it booted at 8.5x100, but the bios says 1600Mhz, booted wcpuid idea showed 12.5x100 (this board had previously recognized the chip correctly in the unlocked state.

Tried cleaning the bottom again, undid the mobile mod, bios still shows 8.5x100, 1600 MHz, but wcpuid shows 16.5x100. Bumped it to 105, For 1732Mhz, Prime stable for ~12 hrs.

Obviously, can't get to 133+fsb because of the high multi. I haven't cut any of the bridges to get the >12.5 multi's or anyting, so just wondered if anyone had any idea how this may have happened. I'll try cleaning better again tonight and cross my fingers.

You somehow managed to get into the high multiplier range. Although its a bit hard to do on a palomino, you have to reverse the L10s to do that, or you might still have a connection somewhere.
You can redo the mobile mod as it most likely has nothing to do with what you're expiriencing.

I figured the mobile mod wasn't the problem, just undid it to be sure, and to return the chip to a state where it had worked before. Hopefully a good cleaning will do the trick.

a good cleaning did not help. even used a toothbrush to try to get it cleaned up.

Seems stuck at 8.5x with high bit enabled = 16.5x

How do I get the low bit enabled again???

try to do a wire trick. look at the first picture on this page. It will show you the pin holes on THE MOTHERBOARD that you need to short with a wire to set that multiplier bit to LO.

Thanks for the help. It appears that my unlock suddenly decided to act up. Redid it and all is well now.

Back