• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems finding corsair

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tsjarlie-wan

Registered
I bought 512mb of Corsair cmx512-3500llpt just before christmas.Im looking to buy another stick but am having problems finding that specific stick.I can find loads of 3200 and 3700.I live in the UK and cant find any sites that have it listed,let alone stock it,even the corsair site only has the cmx512re for the Athlon64
Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
thx anyway ive checked all those sites,they only got pc3200

im looking for the pc3500 i put 3200 in by accident in my original post,edited now :)

Last edited:
looked around some more and Googled for it. Looks like you will have to import. I would wait anyway as RAM prices have shot again (Like it did this time last year)

cheers mate,i need 1gb as ive started playing battlefield vietnam and the load times are awful on 512mb,suppose i,ll have to keep looking

Oh I see, okay. You're looking for the XMS3500C2 (there's no LL version of the PC3500). In that case, it will be VERY difficult to find it, as these are pure BH-5 chips. XMS3200LL v1.1 was BH-5, but because of its popularity, they came out with a v1.2 that was CH-5. They never did so with the XMS3500C2, so any of it you can find is BH-5. As such, it is incredibly hard to find brand new, and if you do, you'll probably have to pay an arm and a leg.

Good luck finding it, chances are not good.

Well, don't give up yet, just look harder, I managed to get a brand new mushkin level 2 512mb ram off a website (NOT ebay) despite people said it is nearly impossible to do so.

ok i've managed to get hold of ram guy @ corsair and he says i shouldnt have any problems running the 3200
I may have to run at cas 2.5 to get it stable but ill let you guys know.I ordered it today so i should have some results by the weekend

i was having problems even booting running on cas2 so went to 2.5 and now its stable.I have manged to still keep the timings quite tight @ 2-3-3-1T

Well, don't give up yet, just look harder, I managed to get a brand new mushkin level 2 512mb ram off a website (NOT ebay) despite people said it is nearly impossible to do so.
Um... WHERE? There are no sites I know of that still stock the 512MB modules of Mushkin Level II's.

Pretty please, glasszon, tell me where you bought it? :)

Back