• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which mobo is newer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noxipoo

Abit AN7 or NF7-s V2?

I read a review today that said the AN7 was a replacement of NF7-S yet its cheaper and it looks like it has less features. Did i just read wrong? I'm in the market for a mobo for a barton chip.

The AN7 is the newer board. Basically, it's an NF7 with uGuru - an onboard monitoring/overclocking kind of feature.

Newer doesn't mean better though, and reviews on the AN7 have been pretty mixed. The NF7-S would be more expensive because I think it has more features, like you said.

So I guess I should buy the NF7-S instead of the AN7 then. Nforcerhq seems to like the Ultra400 chipset a lot more.

The AN7 has the Ultra 400 chipset.

They are the same MB, for the most part, but I'd get the NF7, there are more BISO revisions out there. 3rd party too.

If you're not going to use the SATA or don't mind not having the soundstorm audio, you can get the NF7 for a cheaper price.

Back