• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram help... ordering online now...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyberslim01

Registered
hi there i need to kno what ram would be best for my setup....

xp2500 mobile 1.45v
dfi infinity ultra
asetek waterchill L20 setup chipset/cpu
480w thermaltake butterfly silent psu
9800pro 128mb with arctic silencer fitted

i was thinking of getting pc3500 or 4000 so i could achieve a better fsb is this a good idea ??? was looking at.....

corsair XMS PRO 4000 DDR 500mhz 32mbx8 3-4-4-8 512MB
maybe 2x256 dual channel
£130
or
Corsair TWINX512-4000 DDR-DIMM 512MB Kit w/two matched CMX256-4000 DIMMs
£120

would this do the trick... or any recommendations...hoping to achieve at least 2.6ghz... maybe a 250fsb because of quality mobo....help please..

Because you said you going to use AMD cpu, then tight timing will benefit more than pure speed. So you can either get those winbond bh5 chips (VERY expensive and hard to find), or you can go for ch5 chips which is cheaper, but you need to pump TONS of voltage to it before it really shines.

so timings are better hmm....

any recommendations on specific ram that could o/c or perform to 250mhz fsb ?? i know mobo can handle it and hopefully water unit will cool cpu and i think theres an agp/pci lock so that will not increase causing probs....

what ram would be best for performance and be able to hit up to around 250 i have £130 to play with

thx

Memory with Winbond CH-5 chips can be a good match with an Athlon XP processor. Though it may be unlikely that you will be finding yourself going higher then 233MHz (DDR466) with such memory.

It would be better suited for an Athlon XP then memory with Hynix chips, such as that TwinMOS PC-4000 (I believe).

Back