• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMS3000 v1.1 - what chips in it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markodude

Hi people
We are having some 800FSB xeon overclocking adventures, but it seems the PC-DL Dual Xeon board is extremely picky about what RAM it will do 200FSB with. You have to use Clockgen as this board has only 165FSB in bios atm.

I tried Kingston HyperX3200 (175FSB), HyperX4000 (No Boot), Samsung PC3200 (175FSB), Twinmos 3200 (180FSB). Bear in mind this is with a vDIMM mod and up to 3.4v tried with each. The Twinmos is Thermaltake cooled and does DDR433 at 2.85v on a normal 875 board. The others usually also perform well on normal 875 boards.

I then pulled some old corsair XMS3000 just to try it out, and it got me straight to 215FSB :D Now stable at 209x16 for 3.35ghz with RAM at 1:1 DDR418 2.5-4-8-8 2.9v

All others that have got to 200FSB+ seem to be on RAM with BH-6 chips. They are running at lower latencies than me though, so I dont think mines are BH-6. Plus when I run the corsair above 2.9v it fails instantly in Prime95, whilst the BH-6 seems to take up to 3.4v or more.

Anyway, back to my point. Does anyone know what chips are in this corsair?
Also what RAM has BH-6 in it? I thought the HyperX was but seemingly the KHX3200AK2 is not but the KHX3200K2 is or something like that,..

Thanks, was looking at those, but hard to get here in the UK...they sure look like nice chips for low latency though.

It is really strange this PC-DL, I ran 3:4 last night and was still benchmarking at 180.5FSB DDR463, on XMS3000! Thats crazy! Still not quite as fast as 209FSB 1:1 with the same timings and CPU speed though.

Hey marko!

Your HyperX has CH-5 chips due to the A in the product#, the non-A has BH-5.

The way to check what chips you have is to 1) take off the heatspreaders or 2) set the memory to 200 and the timings to 2-2-2-6 with 2.6 volts. I wouldn't do 2 on the PC-DL as it seems to be a funky board.

Thanks for the info on the HyperX disk11, I knew it was not BH-5, thinking about the Corsair XMS3000 though, what does that have? I have asked RAMGUY to see what he can find out...speak to you soon Disk11...

See if it will do 2-2-2-6 with 2.7 volts @ 200 on the mem frequency, thats the safest way you can do by yourself. Hopefully RAMguy will help you out.

Corsair XMS 3000 V1.1 uses Samsung TCB-3 IC's
I have a 256MB stick that dose 220MHz @ C2.0,2,2,6 with 2.9 volts !

Thats contradictory to what RAMGUY has said.....
Your chips more likely to be BH-6 at that speed no?

XMS3000 1.X was made with Micron -6 Rev B and we moved over to Winbond -6 Rev B with later versions.

markodude said:
Thats contradictory to what RAMGUY has said.....
Your chips more likely to be BH-6 at that speed no?

Thats funny... as the ramguy told me that XMS3000 V1.1 was definately Samsung TCB-3

Hmmm, I think he must have made a mistake.

I am sure your chips would not go that fast unless they were BH-6.
It seems that your BH-6 is better than mines though!

Probably more likely than anything else, yours are BH-6 and mines are TCB-3?

Mines will not do high speeds at Cas2, Cas2.5 I have seen DDR490 at 2.9v 3:4, and DDR420 1:1

Also do your RAMs work above 2.95v? Mines throw up an error in Prime95 with any more than 2.9v, no matter what speed they are run at....

See last post here http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?t=20550&page=3&pp=15&highlight=winbond

markodude said:
Hmmm, I think he must have made a mistake.

I am sure your chips would not go that fast unless they were BH-6.
It seems that your BH-6 is better than mines though!

Probably more likely than anything else, yours are BH-6 and mines are TCB-3?

Mines will not do high speeds at Cas2, Cas2.5 I have seen DDR490 at 2.9v 3:4, and DDR420 1:1

Also do your RAMs work above 2.95v? Mines throw up an error in Prime95 with any more than 2.9v, no matter what speed they are run at....

See last post here http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?t=20550&page=3&pp=15&highlight=winbond

Yeah... I was just reading that thred when you posted... I was actually trying to find my original thred where I asked the ramguy what my XMS3000 V1.1's IC's were..... It seems to have been deleted when they changed to the new forums?

Anyways I'm 99.9% sure he said they were Samsung TCB-3's.... I'm not going to rip the heat spreader off to find out... as I'm trying to sell them on Ebay!

EDIT: I havn't tried them above 2.9 as thats the max for my NF7-S

Just to add more to the confusion... I asked the ramguy again on corsairs support forums, and he said the early revisions used Samung TCB-3's, and the later revisions use Winbonds BH-6's ----> LINK

What do you want for them Bugeyes? In US$ or GBP shipped to either US or UK preferably?!!! (I know thats strage request, but 2 sticks of RAM should not cost much to send!)
If I dont want them someone on 2cpu may want them for their PC-DL....especially if they are BH-6.....

markodude said:
What do you want for them Bugeyes? In US$ or GBP shipped to either US or UK preferably?!!! (I know thats strage request, but 2 sticks of RAM should not cost much to send!)
If I dont want them someone on 2cpu may want them for their PC-DL....especially if they are BH-6.....

I only have 1 stick and thats already on ebay...
so if you want to bid just do a seach under corsair xms ;)

Back