• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Too low fsb on nf7-s 2.0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kekeke~zar1g11n

it seems my nf7-s 2.0 is in 2 minds when it comes to fsb formula of it's duron 600. when i drop the multiplier to 5.0 in the bios, it's read as different things by different programs. The post and 3dmark list it as a much higher multiplier (usually around 20) and a small fsb. sisoft sandra and clockgen (used to overcocked) read it as the 5.0 i set in the bios by a much higher fsb - highest i've gotten by this is 186mhz.

i believe the higher fsb with the 5.0 multiplier is correct, as behmarch scores rise significantly when compared to the same speed with higher multiplier. sometimes i get a cpu clock variation error in 3dmark as well. all i want to know is, why does it do this? anyone had this happen to them?

orb link

You are deffinatly running the low multiplier..... as much as I want a durron at 20*180, It's not happening.

The programs are confused because, and I don't really understand this, the low multipliers are the same as the high ones.

I'm not sure on the ranges and all that, but I think the programs basically ask what the multiplier is, and the computer tells it with some code, but this code repeats itself. I'm not sure but it might even be this way in the bios too, some motherboards have multiplier settings of 5-20, 6-21, things like that where one setting is two multipliers.

In any case, everything is working, so you don't need to be too concerned with it.

Back