• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Komusa Adata PC4200 v. OCZ PC4200 EL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Galt

I've read through all of the tread discussing Komusa's Adata PC4200 (http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=273799), and I've heard very good things about OCZ's EL series PC4200. Which do you think offers better chance of getting high FSB? I'm (optimistically) shooting for around 290 - 300MHz FSB at 1:1 ratio, using two 512MB sticks. Of course, there's a major price difference between the two: $390 for the OCZ and only $256 for Adata. Is the Adata flat out better? If the OCZ is better, does it really justify the big jump in price? Any insight will be much appreciated.

The best I can get mine to memtest at is 292 1:1, which is pretty kickass for paying $230 for them :) Neither is a sure bet going to 300FSB 1:1, but basically all of the ADATA PC4200 I've seen is doing at least 284fsb on reasonable voltage (ie, no voltmod needed).

I'm working on my second alby board right now that has my killer 2.4C SL6Z3 in it; does 284FSB on stock voltage but needs some help to hit the magic 300. I can now boot it at 292fsb and memtest, but I can't get it 3D stable or prime stable yet. Gotta keep working!

craig588 said:
You mobo will fail before those ram sticks do 90% of the time.

I'm planning on a P4C800-E Deluxe for the system. That should run with the best, I'd expect. I considered Abit's IC7 Max3 for a while, but eventually decided to go with the Asus board.

i bought 2x256 of the komusa adata memory and it actually out ran my 2.4c (290) i have never seen anyone with 2x512 hit 300 with a normal setup. in fact al's really nice 292 is the the fastest ive seen for a gig of pc4000/4200/4400. It is REALYY important to be realistic about getting to 300. you have to have a mb capable of those speeds, (the abit's , epox's and asus are capable) even moree rare is a 2.4c, and lastly the rarest of all is that special memory that will run 300.I think ocz makes damn good memory, but for 150.00 bux less the adata hyperram runs just as good- maybe better!

OCZ PC4200 kicks the adata!

315fsb.jpg

315mem.jpg

3.28V on a P4C800 + 2.4C. Done by my buddy Nutcase!

Adata is still nice ram if you don't want to spend the cash......but this ram is just sick!!

Steve

i just got a 2.4c that will run 3.7. i did every mod u can imagine on my ic7(same mods that hipro5 did to get a 400fsb) some really good ram and i got 2 EXTRA MHZ (292) more than my other stock setup..... go figure... some things are better left explained by the gods...

Back