• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

chip set voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
Please can you tell me how to increase the chip set voltage ...

im at 1.89 v at the moment and would like a little more ..

ive got a 1M ohm Pot. Attached to a 1/4 w 1M fixed resistor to get this ....

would like to go up to 2.1v

Do i have to change the pot ? or the fixed resistor....if so to what

cheers andy

Last edited:
no the uber bios does not work ....

ive allready done the chipset voltmod but i just want more volts

cheers for reply

well as far as i know there isn't ne more ways to get more power. but like i said i dont know much about voltmodding. sry i wish i could help ya

it is highly unrecommanded to go over 1.85 v for a long lifed southbridge . if u want more just remouve the 1M fixed resistor let only the other one
good luck

Thanx makaka :):)

i took the 1/4 resistor out ......so i was left with a 1m pot

voltage now lowest 1.88v highest 2.5v its very sensitive to turn...

i was running @1.89v......

im now @2.0v and its more stable now ......

i only wish i could increase the v core past 2.1 v now :(

You will take a 1megaohm standard resistor + a megaohm variable resistor, so you have the range of 1megaohm resistance to 2megaohm resistance. This translates into 1.9v @ 1megaohm and 1.75v @ 2megaohm. Iwith a 470k ohm standard resistor + a 1megaohm resistor. @ 470k ohm resistance you will fry the motherboard, as you'd probably juice in like 2.4V into the chipset heh, so I recommend you make sure when you fire it up you have the 1megaohm variable resistor @ 1megaohm, and NOT zero so your total resistance is 1.47 mega ohms. Then you can go from there.
this text has been copied from http://www.maximumoc.com/ so good luck
can u post please some benchmark 2729 really fast the highset stable that i got from this borad is 2607 with 237 fsb with 2.3 to chipset:) :)
what is your case temp at this fsb and voltage ?

case temp mbm5 says its 24 c it normaly stays there and does not move much......

ive ran sandra and cpu multimedia gets EMMX/aSSE 26110 it/s
aSSE 27872 it/s

cpu arithmatic Dhrystone ALU 10478
Whetstone FPU 4355

memory bandwidth 3403 mb/s 3184 mb/s

here is future mark 2003 ran at 228 fsb stable ...ive upped the chip set to 2.1v now http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2377392

and here is what im running now all stable up till now :)

Last edited:
great overclock here but have some question here

but the question is your cpu score is very low in 3d mark 2003 i just runned the cpu test at (227*11=2503mhz) with alot of program runnig in the background and get 746 i can get up to 785 with 230*11 some system tweaking is required here
prouve:
cpuscore.jpg

i have memory
memory bandwidth 3526 mb/s 3203 mb/s at 230 at 11-3-3-3t
you are using 11-2-2-2t mean your brandwith must be higher

ive gone through everything it ok ....you cant just accept one run in 2003 cpu reading as it will give diff results all the time ...

i dont know about bandwidth everything is ok ...

Back