• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA3+ SATA issues.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoonWolf

Fold For 32!
I'm having very frustrating problems with my 8RDA3+ and the SATA controller. After a clean WXP install and with no other IDE hard drives connected. My boot order is set with SCSI/SATA as the first boot device and CDROM as second. I have one 80gig Maxtor 7200 8mb cache SATA drive in this configuration. The computer hangs at Verifying DMI Pool Data... at startup or simply boots off the CD and tries to install windows. So I suppose my question is, how do I make it to where windows boots off the single SATA drive?

I would post this in the OS support forum as it seems to be a software issue as opposed to a hardware issue....

-Resolved-

Dont you love it when it does not work one night, but works perfectly the next?

Thanks.

Not sure. Just plugged it all back in on the next day with all my IDE devices disconnected and it worked just fine.

So it seems to be something related to data cable, in any way happy to know which all is working fine right now.

Adriano

Back