• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just found out my MB supports Dual Channel memory,Where Can I learn more?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myth

Registered
Ok I just Found out from TigerDirect.com that my Intel D845PESVL Motherboard(Using the 845PE Chipset) supports Dual Channel Memory. I currently have a 512mb DDR 333 Micron Stick in one slot(yes i know I need 2 sticks for it to work) and I want to find out how I can use/set up dual channel memory. I have had my motherboard for over 7 months and I JUST found out that It supports Dual Channel(or so they say in Tigerdirect.com)so I want to learn about it so could any of you be kind enough to give me a short description or give me a link to a guide or something of How I can start using Dual Channel right away and How I know if it is working. Thanks In advance.

P.S- If It involves overlocking anything then forget it because My intel board is locked and I cant do **** on it. Cant raise FSB,change AGP voltage or anything. All I can do is configure my ram(NO I cant overclock my ram either,All i can do is change the timings) and thats about it.

According to the link ive placed below,My MB supports dual channel. IF you scroll down to the middle bottom it says and I quote

"Memory Expansion"
"The D845PESVL provides 2 DIMM sockets using 184-pin DDR with a total capacity of up to 2GB. You can install dual-channel or single channel unbuffered DDR 266/333."

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=596331&Tab=0&NoMapp=0

Sorry to break it to you but your chipset doesn't support Dual Channel. The only Intel chipsets that support dual channel are 7205, 875, 865. Your board supports dual channel memory kits. Using another stick won't yield higher memory scores.

I think the "new" i848 chipset supports DDR400 but that's the cheapest u can get!!!

IF u have i848 or i865 or i875 u have Dual-Chanel DDR as well... :D
IF not... :mad:

TRY www.intel.com or processorfinder.intel.com!!! ;)

Back