• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HOLy @#$% ram prices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Because there are virtually no more BH5's and the BH6's are the only hope of hitting high speeds with low latency. And everyone keeps suggesting others buy the BH6's :D

PerlAddict said:
$350 today for 222 Special ... geez. I don't think I'd pay that much for Lvl. 2 PC3500.

Makes me feel happy when I got mine for $225. :D

Unfortunately it's only probably going to go up as the supply nears its end.

The funny thing is that I bought 2x512MB Ch-5 (3500 lvl 1) from mushkin and wasnt' satisfied (after 2 returns ) so I talked the gentlemen into giving me or "letting me test the 3200 2-2-2's" for an exchange. He concured and so I got lucky paying the price for the 3500's THE DAY BEFORE ALL prices (especially the bh-6's) went through the roof.

Good game.

BTW - everyone get a hold of the bh6 asap if you haven't already - they will very soon be out of stock everywhere and they are currently out of production. Grab them while you still can, IF you want to do 250MHZ @ 2-2-2 like me :).

techjoe

lol, wd, but for people who didn't got bh5/6 ram yet, why don't consider ch5? I heard people over in xtremesystems forum having good luck overclocking their ch5, some even pull of scores like bh5 after feeding it with tons of voltage, and you can get ch5 cheaply for $184 a gig instead of $360 a gig for a ram, bh6's price is over the roof right now.

but don't forget the price difference, not everyone will decide to feed 3.3v into the ram anyway.

Back