• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sound card & AN35N

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkdgbroyles

I got a new sound card ( cobra aw-850) and I'm having problems installing the sound card. Is there any thing special I need to do with my AN35N ultra with settings or turn off the on board sound. Windows freezes up and I can't install the driver from the CD or the web. When I take out the card , every thing is normal. The same thing happened when I had another sound card. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I know that my PCI slots worked in the past.

dkdgbroyles said:
I got a new sound card ( cobra aw-850) and I'm having problems installing the sound card. Is there any thing special I need to do with my AN35N ultra with settings or turn off the on board sound. Windows freezes up and I can't install the driver from the CD or the web. When I take out the card , every thing is normal. The same thing happened when I had another sound card. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I know that my PCI slots worked in the past.

look @ my topic , Balrog explain me well how to do ;)

OK audio was disabled but I'm still getting windows freezes and I'm unsuccessful on the driver install. Any other ideas?It as also seems to mess up some audio related files such as wmp needs to be reinstalled. Driving me crazy.

I had to uninstall the nvidia drivers, reboot with windows drivers, install audio drivers, then reinstall nvidia drivers, to get my soundcard to work.

Well I never got it to work. I admit that I didn't uninstall the nvidia drivers then reinstall. I found a way to get some of the very best sound from my onboard audio. I installed the new forceware audio driver 4.13. Wow it is so amazingly different. Now I don't want to try the new sound card ($12).I now have all of my speakers (6) working when I used to have only 4. It all also has options for enviromental controls. I never thought that little chip could have such good sound.

Back