• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are these BH-5's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I doubt they are. from what I've heard, Kingston has run out of their BH-5 stock. Besides, those chips can only do 2.5-3-3-6. Most BH-5s should manage 2-2-2-6 easily.

That is really STRANGE! KHX3200/1G is bh-5, but i've never seen any hyperx pc3200 that's cas2.5... i'm gonna guess misprint esp for 300/gig

I doubt you'll get BH-5. You'll probably get the A version, which is CH-5. The models that are non-A have BH-5. You have a better chance if you get KHX PC3000 like I'm going to, you have a pretty good chance of getting BH-5.

thx for the replies..i ended up ordering 2x512mb pc4200 adata from komusa for $256....im gonna test it against my 2x512mb OCZ4200EL...

The older version of the Hyperx PC3200 was BH-5 and had the model number of KHX3200K2/1G (the "/1G" was to say it was a 1 gig kit). Unfortunately you cannot find the old version anywhere. Four months ago I got the 1 gig kit (two 512meg sticks) when it was getting scarce $240. It does 216FSB @2.9 volts with tight timings of 2-2-2 and would probably do more if I could throw more voltage at it. The new version of the Hyperx PC3200 lists looser timings and does not use BH chips so beware. The model number for the new version just leaves off the "K2".

However, some people said they got bh6 off khx3200, and there is no way to confirm it as sometimes Kingston remark their chip.

Bassmankr said:
The older version of the Hyperx PC3200 was BH-5 and had the model number of KHX3200K2/1G (the "/1G" was to say it was a 1 gig kit). Unfortunately you cannot find the old version anywhere. Four months ago I got the 1 gig kit (two 512meg sticks) when it was getting scarce $240. It does 216FSB @2.9 volts with tight timings of 2-2-2 and would probably do more if I could throw more voltage at it. The new version of the Hyperx PC3200 lists looser timings and does not use BH chips so beware. The model number for the new version just leaves off the "K2".

What I think Speed_Mechanic2 means is that KHX PC3200 doesn't use BH-5 in 1GB sticks. I don't know if this is true. But I know this:

You can still buy KHX3200K2 from ZipZoomFly. It is guaranteed BH-5 and 2x512MB costs $350. You can also buy KHX3200AK2 from ZipZoomFly. It is guaranteed CH-5. It's a little cheaper. K2 has nothing to do with whether it is BH-5, it just means it's one of those matched kits.

Back