• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 2500+ Mobile Overclock problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mugzy0130

Registered
I got my 2500Mobile Cpu can do 12.5x198, 12x200, but I had to lower to 11.5x200 to stablize it. Vcore 1.82 on all.

My comp. boots up normally but whenever am running at 2500Mhz or 2400Mhz it will suddenly restart while I am doing my work.

What can I do to stablize my system at higher speeds?

well is the mb rev 2 or not?

My 1.2 would only do 190, and that could be a big part of your instability.

Yes, it is an A7N8X rev. 2.0

the highest I've gotten the fsb is 210x11.5

When you say timings, are you referring to his memory timings? If so, what do you recommend for his system?

yep the memory timings. you can try to loosen the timings like something like 2.5-3-3-7 which sometimes will allow you to acheive a higher fsb or overclock. if that doesn't work, loosen them some more to 3-3-3-x. you kinda have to experiment with them until you get something stable without sacrificing too much performance.

mugzy0130 said:
My comp. boots up normally but whenever am running at 2500Mhz or 2400Mhz it will suddenly restart while I am doing my work.

This condition (Computer shuts down uncommanded) is caused by instability. You will need to slow it down some more.

Back