• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

<sigh>....NOT AGAIN!?!!?!??!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
.....Im just about at my wits end.

This is the 2ND unexplained death of my NF72.0

I really liked that mobo too....

Im thinking that it might be BIOS corruption, but I have no idea.

Here is what happened...

Come back from class and boot PC as usual.....nothin...black screen.

:confused: I use the insert method....nada nothing again. I clear CMOS and try a different videocard....it boots

"CMOS checksum Error"

K... so I save and exit..

"Please do not turn off you %*@&#@(*^$!*(*%^@" <screen goes f*ing nuts"

<I panic and cut the power>

Try rebooting again....NOTHING!...not a f*ing thing.

I try different RAM...videocards...the whole works...nothing still dead.

Im about to take everything out of my PC and re-build it....

Sheesh... Im sure glad that I bought a replacement plan from newegg.. This is the 2nd mobo that's died in 3 months, and I havent done ANY mods whatsoever!

This is rediculous!... I cannot believe how much of a POS these things are.

Here's to RMA #3 :mad: .... Im not buying Abit EVER again!!

Is it me or do u guys have similar troubles?... its total BS for a non-modded board to crap out like this!

Sorry bro. Now I'm all scared of taking my NF7-S outta the box and what its future is gonna be like. And I got it off eBay and not newegg, so no returns for me. Hopefully I won't have quite the same luck.

Hate it for you, man. :(

<sigh> Its totally shot to ****....nothing can save it. Im in the process of RMAing it.

I might (probably) sell / ebay it... I just cant take this BS any longer...

Im gona buy a DFI pronto... I cant *not* have a PC for finals week:(

ive got someones DFi board here and it sucks nothing but problems and then all of a sudden it was dead no boot or anything stupid thing :mad: hes just gone out and got a NF7-S and its stable as a rock i would try get another NF7-S

a sudden it was dead no boot or anything stupid thing
hmmm....that sounds *painfully* familiar

I *hope* #3 is any good...I cant go on like this :cry:

When this one dies....i dunno. Ill sell it and get a Giga-byte

Ive *NEVER* had problems from a giga

before you rma again, just try another bios chip

go to the classifieds, services, there's a guy there selling bios chips and he'll put a bios on it for you, which ever one you want, i got mine in 4 days and i'm in canada here

Unfortunatly....Im gonna RMA it. I dont know if something is fried. I was changing out videocards when it happened...

<sigh> such is life... its gonna sux for newegg tho... I bout a 1yr replacement policy... and at the rate Im goin they should re-consider:(

Back