• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V133 + Mobile Barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

intx

yeah, asus's website probably doesn't say it 'officially' supports it but .. has anyone tried it? does it work?

Probably no one here, but hey, I've asked just about any other likely place, so might as well try.

I'm kinda doubting it, last I heard they didn't support the Tbred cpu's, but I could be wrong. If you are going to get a mobile barton, to make good use of you'll want a decend board to go with it anyway, its not going to be worth it.

JDXNC said:
I'm kinda doubting it, last I heard they didn't support the Tbred cpu's, but I could be wrong. If you are going to get a mobile barton, to make good use of you'll want a decend board to go with it anyway, its not going to be worth it.

Well, a new decent motherboard is another $100. Then there's the DDR ram, another $100. Which would probably lead to higher power demands, another $100 for new case and psu. Can't afford that kind of upgrade right now. :)

Last I heard, some lucky people with unlocked tbreds actually had luck with the A7V133 motherboards. Infact, I've heard a semi-success story with a mobile barton and an A7V, but there was something about stability problems, and I'm not sure if they were resolved.

Interesting. As you can see (my sig) I have the same mobo but I didn't think I can run a barton on mine. Nice to know.

It depends on the revision of the board. Some earlier revisions had a lot of trouble even running Palomino XP processors. Some couldn't even do it at all.

Oni said:
It depends on the revision of the board. Some earlier revisions had a lot of trouble even running Palomino XP processors. Some couldn't even do it at all.

At www.a7vtroubleshooting.com they tell you pretty much about what you can expect with your particular mobo and with what bios revs. I was running an xp1700 palo on mine when I found out from this site that I can run tbreds on mine. This site hasn't been updated for a long time though so I don't think they got around to bartons. I've read that asus revised their 1.05 mobos to accept tbreds but instead of naming the mobos 1.06 they just put a dot after it.

Back