• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S won't POST, unexplained beeping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Canadian Bacon

Registered
Basically what happens is that when I try and start my computer I get absolutely no display output and a series of long beeps. It just goes: beeeeeeeeeeeep...4 second wait...beeeeeeeeeeeeep...4 second wait, etc. I heard it might be memory problems but I was running on a Soltek board for a couple of months now with no problems whatsoever and it was completely stable. This is actually the second NF7-S this has happened to me with and I RMA'd the other one. And the other board worked for a while before it started doing this so I'm kind of confused. It's kind of ****ing me off and I was wondering what I could be doing wrong...here's my system:

NF7-S (obviously)
Mobile 2500+ (I had a regular 2500+ in the old NF7)
2 x 512 Kingston HyperX PC3200 ram
9800 Pro
Antec TruePower 380W PS
120 GB Seagate HD, 160 GB WD HD
SB Audigy
DVD drive, CD-Burner

I think that's about it.

I tried moving the memory around from slot to slot, trying them in all of them, trying 1 stick, 2 sticks, etc.

And keep in mind that this set up was running perfectly on a Soltek 75FRN2-L and that this is the second ABIT board that this has happened to me with.

if you're sure it was memory problem, then try another stick that you're sure 100% work .. nf7 isn't picky about RAM, especially with that HyperX of yours.

i'm sure you have the modules installed properly, and both latches on the memory ports were making "click" noise when the module were installed ...

I forgot where i read it im pretty sure it was on the forums these forums though.. i think someon said that the temp probe under the cpu causes beeping and it wont start up so he had to pull the temp probe up cuz it wasnt touching the cpu... so he pulled it up a bit (carefully) so it would touch the cpu and everything was fine
Eddie

Back