• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my multipler is locked at 5 now!!!! HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCFreek14

ok my enlight PSU just exploded so i have a fortron on the way but i have a backup PSU in right now but no matter what setting i put my multiplier on it will not go ne higher than 5!!!! (i have my fsb on 166 my clock speed is 835) i flashed the bios.. nothin.... reset to default setup... nothing.... reset cmos......nothin.....plz help me!!!!! :''''''(

If you have another CPU, try that and see if multiplier can be changed. I can't believe the multiplier is locked unless your CPU is doing this.

..... ya um for somereason that worked... lol im so confused. this has been the worst week for my computer..... and to top it all off my replacment parts arn't gunna be here for a week (even though i paid 2nd day GRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but ya i put my 2100+ back in after i ran my pc with a 1800+ and it worked. i can change all my settings again. thx

Back