• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SY-KT400 Multiplier problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MiseryQ

Short version:

I have a Dragon Black Edition that I thought would be an upgrade from my older AK35GTR.

I have the aa7 bios modded with the 2.351 Highpoint bios and a T-Bred B...

The problem is the board will not post if I change the multiplier to anything but 15X or default... I also tried the wire trick just in case but the problems still there...

Is this a board problem?!?

I'm going to mod the aa6 bios and try that and see what happens-

...Tried it and of course no change-

Last edited:
Are you sure that you have an "unlocked" T-bred? Check to see if it was manufactered on or after week 39 in 2003, if it was then it is most likely locked.

I'll pull the waterblock off and check tommorrow...
I've been wanting to check the wire too...

Also look to see if your "L1" bridges are connected or not. That should be a tell tale sign. If they are cut, goto Highspeed PC and get their XP unlocking kit. I have used that to make my Athlon XP 2400+ into a Moblie Athlon XP-M 2800+, mine CPU was made in week 33 and came unlocked already. That kit is good stuff, very easy and simple to use.

I just used that last of my AS3 :)

It's a week 41 TBredB, AIXHB stepping...
All of the L1s are connected...

The wire looked good... Still wo'nt post with the multiplier different than default or 15X...

Too late to RMA it through Newegg now :(

Thanks... I tried that... 100mhz FSB and lowered the multiplier... This is very similar to the problem I had with a MSI Turbo-II a few years ago... Turned out to be a bad Clock Generator...

This board is also having some other wierd problems... The temp sensors and voltges do'nt read right in MBM,,, the Soyo Hardware monitor or SpeedFan...

One of the temps flucuates up to 160+ degrees and the 12V is monitored at 10V... I've measured with a volt meter at 11.9v...

Oh well... Thanks again...

Back