• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Need help deciding on a mobo thread.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

I Need help deciding on a mobo for a computer I am building for someone. I will be using a AMD Athlon XP 2400+ "Thoroughbred" (The 2GHz always seems to appeal to them more then the higher FSB.. go figure) I want on board Audio and Video. I usually go with Abit but I am trying to keep the price down so it doesn't look like the NF7-M is going to be a contender.

Shuttle MN31N $85.00, mATX IGP & MCP-T, GF4mx graphics, dual onboard VGA support, 8X AGP slot, Soundstorm audio, SPDIF, Firewire, USB2, LAN

Throw in a couple of sticks of PC2700 or PC3200 so that you enable dual-channel mode which makes the onboard graphics decent. Raise your FSB a bit, OC the IGP with Riva and you can get ~6K in 3DMarks which is enough to play BF1942 @1024 x 768 with good FPS.

I have 2 of them w\Barton 2500+ , 2 x 256mb Crucial PC2700 and Fortron 300watt PN series PSUs, not a bit of trouble in 10 monthes.

Regards, Balrog

Back